Friday, March 18, 2011

toes sliding on cold granite

Sometimes, when its dark outside, and my parents aren't home, I dance on the counter.

And we danced, out there on that empty hardwood floor
I wanna dance with you, hold you in my arms once more, thats what they invented dancing for, I just wanna dance with you
The music played, we held each other close, and we danced
Dance, dance, wherever you may be, I am the Lord of the dance, said he
Just dance, its gonna be okay, just dance
Dancing queen, young and sweet, only seventeen, feel that beat from the tambourine
The dance we shared beneath the stars above, for a moment all the world was right
We danced in the morning when the sky turned black, its hard to dance with the devil on your back
Dance, dance, we're falling apart to halftime
And you know I wanna ask you to dance right there

No comments: